The Director’s welcome
Mrs. Meeta Rai - Director
An expert in the field of establishing new institutions, she is the Founder Principal of DPS Indirapuram and founder Headmistress of DPS VasantKunj and Ahlcon Public School. She is also the mentor and advisor of DPS R.N.Extension & Pacific World School Noida Extension. She was the official on special duty to establish DPS Ranchi.Mrs.Rai is also the Chairperson of Sahodaya Group of Schools, Ghaziabad Cluster, from its inception in 2012 till date.
|Master of Education (M.Ed)||Annamalai University, Madras||1992|
|Master of Arts(M.A) English Literature||Punjab University, Chandigarh||1989|
|Bachelor Of Education (B.Ed)||DWTC, Kanpur||1971|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A)||Christ Church College, Kanpur||1970|
As an Educational Consultant/Advisor
- Creating a systematic framework of the existing curriculum to enhance creativity and activity-based learning to encourage out of the box thinking in students especially in the Pre-Primary & Primary level.
- I have been involved in the selection & training of teachers for 4 decades and specialize in the selecting the right candidate for the right job.
- Training programs for the teachers in a broad sphere from Personality development, disaster management, body language, Pre-Primary teaching special techniques, personal relations to subject enrichment programs.
- Since I have been a pioneer in start-up schools and have established 5 schools from their inception and have spent almost 50 years in public school environment, I have the knowledge, experience and expertise to advise on how to start new schools or advise established schools in terms of infrastructure requirement and training and providing a conducive learning environment to ensure a happy school
PRINCIPAL – Delhi Public School Indirapuram, Ghaziabad.
Duties & Responsibilities as Principal of DPS Indirapuram since 2002 till March 2019.
Setting up & conceptual planning of the new school from the very grass root level. Planned and executed the following:-
Dynamic School Administrator with 30 years of diverse experience in
- Staff Development and Training
- Special Education Needs
- Innovative Education Techniques
- Budgeting and Scheduling
- Recruitment of Teachers,Admn staff & Class IV staff
- Admission of children
- Training of Teachers holding workshops for all areas of development.
- Developing facilities like laboratories for Computer Science& Library. Planning of Activity room & play area for Pre- Primary
- Opening of the new school
- Administrative Head of the School with more than 6600 students & 350 staff members for the last 17 years-Planning, Execution of Curriculum, Syllabus Teaching ,Co-curricular activities, staff training, counseling.
- Organizational Development & Management.
- Stream lining school transport system for 6000 plus students & designing classroom facilities & furniture.
- Training children for all competitive exams Olympiads & obtaining National level positions. Specialized training for IIT Entrance leading to outstanding results, All India Ranks & international admissions.
- Initiated seven foreign languages, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, German, French, Russian & Arabic at DPS Indirapuram from inception of the school.
- The success story of DPS Indirapuram is an epic of hard work & commitment by the students & teachers who have left no stone unturned to enable the school to have an edge above the rest and thus ensuring success in all National and International competitions both in sports & Co-Curricular activities. Students have also been prepares for various competitive exams and Olympiad and have achieved success the State and National level every year.
- During my tenure many students cleared prestigious exams like NTSE, NSTSE, NSO, IMO, UCO, IMO, UCO, IOM, IOS,S pell Bee etc. securing National level and Zonal level ranks.
Former Vice-Principal of Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi (1999 -2002)
Demonstrated ability encompassing a broad range of skills involving administrative, supervisory, training and public relation related activities.
As Vice Principal, Delhi Public School Vasant Kunj (2000)
Responsible for coordination of various programs and workshops across middle and senior school levels.Planned, supervised and organized the following:
- Academic Program & Co-Curricular Program of Senior School from classes VI to XI.
- Inter-house and inter school cultural competitions, Special Assemblies and Annual Day celebrations at School, organizing workshops for children, trips &tours and excursion.
- Teachers training program in various subjects to enhance innovative and creative teaching. Several EMS (Educational Management Centre of DPS Society) workshops for teachers of other DPS Schools
- Career Counseling workshops for senior classes and remedial program for weak students.
- Board Examinations and other public examinations like PMT/Dental held at school.
- Deputy Centre Superintendent of the school.
- Supervised on a day-to-day basis the physical and aesthetic environment of the school, particularly the cleanliness of the school campus and its beautification through landscaping and horticulture.
- English language teacher for classes XI &XII.
- Managed and supervised duties of the Estate office and Administrative staff.
- Maintained and updated the ACR’s (Annual Confidential Report) of teachers and administrative staff.
Founder Headmistress (On deputation from DPS), Ahlcon Public School Mayur Vihar New Delhi (1988-89)
- Founder Headmistress (On deputation from DPS R.K.Puram)
- DPS Ranchi, Bihar (March 1989 to August 1989)
- Teacher DPS, East of Kailash (1975 to 1988)
As a teacher training specialist in innovative and creative teaching techniques for different students with different needs, created and held special workshops on teaching techniques improvisation from 1998 to 2002 t various schools like Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, Delhi Public School, Kanpur, Delhi Public School Matura Refinery, Delhi Public School, Dullianjan (Assam),Delhi Public School Ludhiana on various topics like:
- Body Language and Communication Skills
- Handling Classroom Behavior
- Enhancing Personal Effectiveness
- Class Room Management
- Communication and Inter-personal relationship
- Importance of Communication in everyday life
- Dyslexia and slow learners
- Importance of Music & Rhymes at the Primary level
- Disaster Management & safety for schools.
- Also conducted a week long ‘Academic Accounting Program’ at DPS, Dulliajan (Assam) in March 2002.
- Conducted a Music & Theatre workshop for 6 days at DPS Doha.
- Conducting A workshop on “Developing Inter Personal Skills “at DPS Faridabad.
- Attended the First Child Education Summit 2002 organized by HT PACE.
- Attended the First World Conference on Children’s concern in November 2003.
PUBLICATIONS (11 PUBLISHED BOOKS)
Books are being widely used all over the country and abroad
- Foundation –English language activity book (a series for three levels) (First published in 1998) S.Chand Publishers
- Madhuban - an English Reader (a series of books for introductory, one and two levels) (First Published in 1990) Vikas Publications
- Reflections – a book on value education (a five level series) (First published in 1980) Frank Bros.Publishers
AFFILIATION AND OTHER INTERESTS
- Was member of the Managing Committee of DPS International Saket
- Was member of the Managing Committee of DPS Dimapur, Nagaland.
- Currently Board Member of Alchon International School Society, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi
- Board Member of the Managing committee of Greater Valley School, Greater Noida.
- Was the Education Counselor for STAR TV Network Program “Meri Saheli’. Coordinated a live talk show on Doordarshan called ‘Meri Baat’ dealing with social issues for adolescents and Academic helpline for Senior Secondary Students.
- Always have taken keen interest in creative writing, poetry and theatre. Have written, produced and directed several children’s play, some of which have been broadcast on Doordarshan, National Channel
- Also have hosted several children’s programs on National Channel.
- Member, Delhi Christian Chorus- participated in two public performances annually.
- Basic Course of Reiki-
- The Art of Healing. Basic Course of Pranic Healing.
- Transcendental Meditation
- CHAIRPERSON OF SAHODAYA GROUP OF SCHOOLS,GHAZIABAD CLUSTER,FROM ITS INCEPTION IN 2012 TILL DATE
- Was the member of the National Community Development committee of YWCA of India
- Was awarded the INDIRA GANDHI PRIYADARSHINI AWARD for ‘Innovation in Education’ by the Priyadarshini Institute for computer aided knowledge society in New Delhi in 1997.
- BEST CITIZEN OF INDIA AWARD 2005 by International Publishing House
- I have been nominated for the Committee for complaint of sexual harassment of women at work by the chief commissioner of Income tax Meerut, Government of India, Ministry of Finance.
- Was awarded the INDIRA GANDHI PRIYADARSHINI AWARD for ‘OUTSTANDING SERVICES’, achievements and contributions in the field of Education on 19th November 2007 by the All India National Unity Conference New Delhi.
- Was awarded the NATIONAL AWARD FOR TEACHERS-1007 ‘for public recognition of valuable services to the community by the Human Resource Development, Department of School Education & literacy on 5th September 2008 by HONOURABLE PRESIDENT OF INDIA, SMT.PRATIBHA PATIL.
- Was awarded the “BEST PRINCIPAL AWARD” by the LIONS CLUB INTERNATIONAL New Delhi in recognition of invaluable contribution for outstanding service loyalty and devotion to education.
- Was awarded the ‘INSPIRATIONAL LEADER OF THE YEAR –SOE GLOBAL EDUCATION AWARDS 2014’ by the SCHOOL OF EDUCATORS (SOE) in recognition of contribution to the field of education.
- Was awarded the ‘DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD’ by the DELHI MEDICAL ASSOCIATION in recognition of the outstanding contribution towards profession and the society on 17th May 2015.The award was presented by SMT.SHIELA DIKSHIT,FORMER CHIEF MINISTER ,DELHI.
- Was awarded ‘THE BEST PRINCIPAL AWARD –UTTARPRADESH &UTTARAKHAND for the year 2014-15 by the Academic Council of Science Olympiad Foundation. The award consists of Trophy and citation.
- A LETTER OF APPRECIATION was presented by OLYMPIAD FOUNDATION in acknowledgement of Leadership, vision &guidance towards popularization of Science ,Mathematics, Computer & English and the achievement of students in the SOF Olympiad exam held during 2014-15
- THE BEST CONTRIBUTION IN THE FIELD OF COMPUTER EDUCATION’ was presented by Unified Council. was awarded by MAULLANA ABUL KALAM AZAD EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR EDUCATION 2016 by Independent School Federation & UP technical Institution Federation.